Montana Tech Women's Basketball has a long tradition of student-athletes who excel not only on the court, but also in the classroom and our Butte community. For the 2022-2023 season, your Orediggers boasted an overall team GPA of 3.68 with 10 of a possible 12 players earning Academic All-Conference honors, the leader in the conference.
Our student-athletes are also leaders in the community:
- United Way’s Dress a Child
- Reading to students at Head Start
- Serving at The Knights of Columbus Community Lunch
- Volunteering for Connecting for the Cancer Cure Golf Tournament
- Walk to School Day
- Belmont Senior Center
This year’s team will look to build on the “Tech Tough” foundation set by last year’s team.
- The Diggers welcome the addition of 3 impact Freshman from Montana, 2 of whom were on State Championship teams (Avery Carlson, Havre. Madison Chappuis, Bigfork).
- Brooke Badovinac, Butte Central. Brooke is Butte's all-time season leading scorer for boys and girls with 671 points (2022), is tied for the all-time single game female scorer at Butte Central with 41 points.
- Brooklynn Hankwitz, a First Team All-Region Junior College selection, gives the Diggers instant post scoring.
- Taylor Henley, a VB All-American for Montana Tech, will join the team after the volleyball season.
Read more about our recruiting class HERE.
Our goal is to provide a championship experience and lifelong learning for Orediggers Women’s Basketball Team! That is why it is so important to make sure we have the needed resources to grow and compete with the top teams in the conference and the nation.
Funds raised throughout the year are used for opportunities to help us excel and compete at a championship level. These opportunities include:
- Home Game Guarantees and Non-Conference Travel
- Gear and Equipment
- Enhanced Student-Athlete Experience through Team Building
Please join our team and consider making a gift today.
We truly value your support and would appreciate your help spreading the word. Please share this project with your friends, by email, and on social media!